Thursday 30 June 2016

My Spaces: Studio, Home, Garden...

 
 
 
 
Studio...
 
 
Well, the main thing that's happening in the studio is that I'm actually able to get in there! Since Otto arrived on the scene, time in here has been somewhat limited. I can however report, that he no longer tries to chew everything in here, I am still some way to actually making anything in here whilst he's with me yet, but I'm so pleased he can be in the studio with me now! Wonder what he will think to the sewing machine?!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Home...
 
 
Not even sure where to start on this one! My home has been sadly neglected since all my efforts have been put into the garden. It's in real need of some tlc at the moment, and a good clean too if I'm honest! Our bathroom revamp has been delayed so I will need to decorate in there soon, at least then I can live with it for another year. We have been enjoying delicious strawberries and salads from the garden just lately, it's so much better to eat food straight from the garden.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Garden...
 
 
 
We've finally lifted up what was left of the grass in the kitchen garden. I'm hoping to get the membrane down this weekend, then order the slate chippings. This will make the whole area much more manageable for me. Everything is romping away, we've had so much rain here in the uk I've not had to water the garden hardly at all. I've got shallots and a couple of garlic bulbs to eat, beans and courgettes will be next I think. My cutting patch is a little behind but everything is growing well. I'm looking forward to cutting a huge bunch of cosmos.
 
 
 
I will try and do this again in a couple of months, hopefully then I will have something more to show you. There is such a lot of turmoil and uncertainty here in the UK, as well as around the world at the moment. It's been a real effort over this last week, but I'm trying to focus on what's positive in my own little world, on my little plot of land. Hope there's lots to be positive about in your world too.
 
 
 
 
Amanda :) xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

16 comments:

  1. Otto is just adorable, your home and your garden are very beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your studio looks a fabulous place to create. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, used more for relaxation and dodging the rain showers whilst gardening at the moment, I've got a stack of cushions that need sewing up! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. The garden's looking gorgeous, and what fabulous strawberries. You're right, home grown is the best. Glad your garden is doing so well. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's flourishing CJ, little bit of sun would be nice though! ;) xxx

      Delete
  4. good to read Otto is letting you get creative in your hid away. The garden is lookin so colourful and those strawberries I am sure are delicious. As you say lots pf rain maybe when Wimbledon is over we will get the sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it always the way, mind you the courts have roofs now don't they?! ;) xxx

      Delete
  5. So glad Otto is now welcome in your craft room and is behaving himself! Your garden looks amazing, it is such a transformation in such a short time and so lovely to be able to eat what you produce. At least the garden and dogs will remain constant despite the turmoil of the last week! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh what a week Sarah, it's sent my head spinning! I've just planted some leeks, love leek and potato soup so fingers crossed! ;) xxx

      Delete
  6. Everything looks lovely and as for Otto - well he's just adorable! Dogs are such good company.

    Yes, it's been a strange week, I think we have to try and not think about it too much now and carry on as we normally do. We can't change what's happened and can only cause ourselves to be stressed if we dwell on it. I've stopped watching or listening to a lot of it now because it all got too much. What will happen will happen!

    Have a lovely weekend doing what you enjoy x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I've come to the same conclusion Jan, so frustrating watching the news so I've switched it off...I'm concentrating on my garden! :) xxx

      Delete
    2. The best idea, nothing calms the mind like being out there.

      Delete
    3. Very true, not sure where I'd be without it! :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Your spaces all look really good don't they! I hope that you get to spend more time in the garden and your studio being creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy, all my creative juice seems to have been used up in the garden, I really should get cracking with the cushion covers I need! ;) xxx

      Delete

Hello! Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts and messages with me. I read each and everyone and will try and answer any questions as quickly as I can! :)x